- Our catalogs are printed on paper that uses mixed recycled content.
- We are installing new energy-efficient lighting throughout our Rhode Island factory, and fluorescent lighting is already in place in all office spaces.
- We recycle just about everything that can be recycled. Tons of cardboard and paper, in addition to scrap parts and even awards that were used for engraving practice.
- We even recycle heat. We capture the heat from our die presses, filter the air and use it to heat our factories.
- I’m not sure if you know, but the satin in our ribbons originally comes from wood pulp. That makes our ribbons biodegradable.
- Finally, our largest commitment to the planet is our decision to put in a wind turbine to power our Rhode Island factory. Yes, the process has taken much longer than anticipated, but it will be installed in 2011!