Our company is gearing up for an employee trivia contest next week… and in the preparation I have heard some random facts about Hodges Badge going around. I’ve investigated to see which are true, and decided to post them here to share with you.
- Our company sells over 1,000,000 medals each year.
- Our Rhode Island staff all works on an island (OK, so it’s 12 miles long… see this post)
- The Ideal rosette has been popular ever since its introduction in 1961.
- Before World War II, our ribbons were printed with real gold leaf. Yes, real gold.
- The company takes Halloween very seriously. Employees who don’t come to work in costume on Halloween stand out more than those who do.
- Our wind turbine (in the works- stay tuned for construction updates) will make us the first manufacturer in Rhode Island to be entirely powered by renewable energy.
- We travel across the country to exhibit in many different trade shows- I’ve been to 15 just this year so far!
- While horse shows remain our largest market, dog shows are the fastest growing.
- We print awards not only in English, but have made ribbons in Swedish, Portuguese, French and Spanish (that I know of)
- We have two sets of mother and daughter that currently work at our Rhode Island office and factory.
Do you have a random question we could answer on the blog?